Employee benefit plans play an important role in any organization. They boost morale and provide certain tax planning opportunities. However, they are not without their share of pitfalls. The Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) seeks to protect plan participants and rightly so, but it can be daunting and carry stiff penalties for noncompliance. Our experienced professionals can help you navigate the maze of ERISA laws and comply with DOL, IRS and other regulatory agency regulations and filings.
Our employee benefit plan services include:
- Audits of defined contribution plans (e.g. 401(k) and profit sharing plans)
- Financial statement preparation for the plan
- Tax return compliance and filings
- Assistance with third-party administrator (TPA) requests
- Setting up plan documents, census verification, contribution and discrimination testing, etc.
- Evaluations of other qualified retirement plans (SEP, SIMPLE, IRA, etc.)